Job Profile Summary
Elm Fork Shooting Sports is accepting applications for the position of License to Carry Instructor, a part-time instructor position. Candidates should be passionate educators. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain active professional development activities and service to Elm Fork Shooting Sports. All schedules require flexibility and will require weekend hours for line coaching and scheduled classes.
High School Diploma or GED from an accredited High School.
Minimum Certifications, Licenses, and Liability Insurance requirements:
- a current Liability Insurance Policy
- a Texas Department of Public Safety License to Carry Instructor Certification, and
- firearm instructor certification through the National Rifle Association, TCOLE, Security Officer training, or the military.
The successful candidate:
- must possess and demonstrate a solid background in firearm safety and shooting skills acquired through previous firearm training and/or previous shooting experience. Instructor candidates must be intimately familiar with each action type in the discipline they wish to teach.
- will be required to demonstrate solid and safe firearm handling skills, complete a pre-employment questionnaire and qualification exercise administered by the training manager.
- must be familiar with basic training procedures; possess basic public speaking skills, training methodology; use of a training team and training aids; organize a course, build a budget, and be prepared to teach. Candidates will use the NRA provided curriculum, prepare appropriate lesson plans, and secure the appropriate basic course student packets.
- must possess appropriate communication skills to facilitate the ability to team train as well as the ability to effectively train a full classroom on their own.
- must be able to work weekdays to facilitate instruction of first-time shooters attending Elm Fork hosted events. Note: preference will be given to those shotgun instructors who are available to work events during the weekdays.
State of Texas License to Carry Instructor
Elm Fork Shooting Sports
10751 Luna Road
Dallas, TX 75220
Hourly – negotiable
Monday-Friday (private events)
Weekends – varies
Hours Per Week – varies
To be considered for this position, a completed employment application form along with a cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript are required. Application may be obtained from either Pro Shop at Elm Fork Shooting Sports.
Part-time Hourly Non-Exempt
10751 Luna Rd, Dallas, TX 75220
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills required to respond to emails and to facilitate completion and submission of corporate forms
- Speak and read English fluently
Required Licenses, Certifications, Liability Insurance:
- Texas Department of Public Safety License to Carry Instructor Certification
- Firearm instructor certification through the National Rifle Association, TCLEOSE, Security Officer training, or the military.
- Driver’s License
- Current Liability Insurance Policy