TRAINING- HUNTER EDUCATION
The Enhanced Hunter Education course is ideal for adult hunters who have been shooting and/or hunting for a number of years or an older youth who has an adult hunting/shooting mentor. The online course work may be challenging for youth without adult assistance. We also recommend younger students be accompanied by an adult during the field course.
The certification process consists of two parts:
- (1) Online coursework: Complete the TPWD online course or one of the approved online hunter education courses.
- (2) Attend a Field Course with a TPWD certified instructor. The fee for the Field Course is $15.00. Some instructors may charge additional fees associated with a shooting range or other facility.
For more information on the Enhanced Hunter Education Course, visit the TPWD site.
When you arrive for the Field Course:
- Show printed results from Part 1 homework to the instructor (Quiz Results, Voucher or Certificate).
- Pay the $15 fee to the instructor. Some instructors may charge additional fees for a shooting range or other facility.
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills and attitude while completing the Field Day subjects: ethics and responsible hunting, regulations, hunter skills trail and live firing exercise. (Honorably discharged or active military are exempt from live fire exercises)
- Take the written exam and score at least 75% correct to pass.
Upon successful completion of Parts 1 and 2 of the Enhanced Hunter Education course, you will receive a temporary Texas Hunter Education student card. You may legally hunt with a valid Texas hunting license and your temporary student certification card. Your permanent Texas Hunter Education certification card will be mailed within a few weeks.
Please contact Kyle Larsen to register for a Hunter Ed class or if you have any questions.
To register for our upcoming Hunter Education Course, please click on the link below.
Upcoming Events › Hunter Education
Events List Navigation
Description: The Enhanced Hunter Education course is ideal for adult hunters who have been shooting and/or hunting for a number of years or an older youth who has an adult hunting/shooting mentor. The online course work may be challenging for youth without adult assistance. Younger students should be accompanied by an adult during the field course. After completing the online homework, print out the results and present to the Elm Fork Training Team’s TPWD certified instructor at the Field Day. The…Find out more »
TERMS | SITEMAP | DISCLAIMER | FAQ
IMPORTANT SITE LINKS